Learn all about the flyboy. Or not.
But not as sexy as me! HoooooWAHHHHH!!!
Don't say I didn't warn you sucker!
Mercy is for the weak!
It's smart Jerry! It's smart! And I'm not dumbing it down for you!
This is the best game in history!





Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Why Zombies Rock And Other Matters Of Great Importance...

The simple answer, they just do.

The long answer, well, it's a little more complicated...

But.

I think the reason I love zombies so much and what makes them so effective as a monster, is the fact that through it all, they still retain their humanity. Yeah, it's a humanity that is driven by primitive instinct, and cold mushy synaptic memories of what they once were, yet I defy anyone to watch a good quality Zombie flick and not at least find something they like about, or can relate to with one of the ghouls.

Like the movies say, "they are us, and we are them."

And furthermore, the conflict which is inherent in any zombie world raises the stakes from the old "good vs. evil" thing, to simply "living vs. dead".

It's primal and primitive, and it doesn't get any simpler than that.

Zombies are the decay that comes for us all and claims us a bit more with each passing day. We can put it off, but eventually we will all succumb to the Zombie's cold clammy embrace.

And finally, Zombie movies are one of my favorite types because it's always been fun for me to watch and imagine living in such a nightmare world. To think of things I would do to survive, and if I could survive at all. Would I just get drunker than owl shit and go out guns blazing, or would I hole up somewhere safe and wait it out for a while?

I really don't know, but it's fun to think about.

And that is why Zombies rock.

So give some head to the living dead, cause I'm out of here!!!





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?