Learn all about the flyboy. Or not.
But not as sexy as me! HoooooWAHHHHH!!!
Don't say I didn't warn you sucker!
Mercy is for the weak!
It's smart Jerry! It's smart! And I'm not dumbing it down for you!
This is the best game in history!





Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Saturday I set a new personal best!

What was it?

I'll never tell...

Because I'm a rotten bastard from rottencity.com.

But it has to do with the number 8.

---

Anyway, I was sitting home sunday, just watching some football and I start to smell smoke. Now, I know I'm smoking hot and all, but this was a different smell entirely, and with me being super paranoid about fire and being burned alive, naturally, this got my attention.

So sniff, sniff, sniff, went my super detecto zombie nose, and I decided that the smell was burning grass, leaves, or wood. It was something natural rather than the plasticy, chemical smell of man made products, so I was a little relieved and figured maybe my house wasn't burning.

After getting up, investigating, and giving it the all clear, I figured maybe someone was burning something outside. This pissed me off big time because we haven't gotten any rain in a long time, (10 inches below normal I think) and it's dry as a fucking bone outside. Add in the fact that the wind was blowing like a $2 whore, (wink wink) at speeds of 60 mph all damn day, and you have a pretty serious fucking fire hazard.

So I put on my idiot stomping boots and went outside to see what dumbasses needed the fuck beat out of them on account of being such shitwits for burning things on a day like this.

I was surprised to find that no one was burning anything. This confused me a little, as I could smell smoke very strongly. I just couldn't see any. It was kind of cloudy and hazy, but still, the smell was strong, and it bugged me that I didn't know where it was coming from.

A short time later, I caught a news alert that was talking about major grass fires popping up all over the place. Roads were being shut down. People were being evacuated.

Shit! I thought. This isn't good. And it's fairly close too, or I wouldn't be able to smell it.

As the news reports got more info, I found out the main fire was about 10 miles away from me, which is kind of scary since the wind was blowing so hard and it was so dry, but luckily for me, I live by a lake, and all the burning was going on on the other side.

So I was safe.

The fires have been out since Monday I think. I wish I had a decent camera so I could take some pictures.

Anyway, hats off to the firemen and volunteers. I can only imagine how fucking hard it was to fight a fire in those conditions.

Catch y'all later!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?